Monday, November 14, 2016

Words of the Wiser



Just like Mufasa...Check out these wise words about our writing!

“I do not like to type my writing, I usually prefer writing down on paper…you can get more connected to your writing by how you write it with your hands.”

“I write to say things that I would never say in person”

“When you are reading, you are on their turf, but when you write, you got the ball because it's your court.”

“Maybe because a lot of times when I write, especially when I write a paper for school, I always overly think you know, is it good??

“I can always remember every second of each and every memory that I write. Sometimes I don't enjoy writing at all and Id rather watch paint dry.”

“I also like writing about scary or creepy stories because
I like to see what i'm capable of.

“To have fun, to escape, to entertain, and to just be myself.”

“It´ś like there is something keeping me from doing what I want to do.”

“Pose philosophical questions I have about the world”


I am blown away by my students' reasons for writing. I wasn't sure what my expectations were, or what they'd come up with, but I'm thankful that they pushed yourselves to really think about why they write. They all pushed yourselves to give more than one-word answers.

Dear students:
You were funny, you were thoughtful, and you were real.
So regardless of what you do next, you are successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment